Beautiful Blue Ridge, GA lives just about 30 miles from the stables to the west. While we absolutely love Blairsville and Union County, you just can’t dismiss Blue Ridge, Morganton, and Fannin County when you talk about the north Georgia mountains.
Here are 5 things you really should do if you visit Blue Ridge:
- Blue Ridge Scenic Railway. The entire town of Blue Ridge is built around this tourist magnet. It’s a tourist attraction because – well – it’s way cool. It is definitely worth the time and money to experience this awesome train ride. Click the link provided and check it out.
- Mercier Orchards. This is a family owned apple orchard that is in it’s 4th generation. Simply put – you cannot come to Blue Ridge without visiting Mercier Orchards. They have a very informative website – so click the link provided and check it out. Fabulous.
- Long Creek Falls. Ok hikers…this is for you. As a matter of fact – you don’t even have to be a “hiker” to enjoy Long Creek! The easy 2 mile round-trip trail is spectacular. Do not miss this. Bring your camera and have a blast.
- Toccoa River Swinging Bridge. This is another popular area for you outdoor enthusiasts. This 270 foot long bridge is the longest swinging bridge east of the Mississippi River. How cool is that? Visit the website using the link above – you gotta check this place out.
- A Step Above Stables. Horseback trail riding in the mountains. You can’t beat it. A Step Above Stables is located just east of Blue Ridge near Blairsville and is well worth the short drive. They are open 364 days a year! Best horseback riding in north Georgia. Shameless plug.
So there you go. 5 things to do in Blue Ridge. There is so much more to do – we could probably do 100 things to do in Blue Ridge! Let us know what you like about Blue Ridge and Fannin County.