When you think of horseback riding and trail riding in the north Georgia mountains A Step Above Stables is by far the best choice! Located just north of Blairsville and south of Murphy NC on Hwy 129 A Step Above Stables is set in one of the most beautiful locations in north Georgia.
A Step Above Stables offers virtually everything – from horseback trail riding, boarding, horse sales, and one of the best show teams in the country! Those of you in Blue Ridge or Hiawassee we are just up the road…very close.
Our address is Blairsville GA – so we’re just a little biased when it comes to our favorite area of the north Georgia mountains. Union County and Blairsville offer pretty much everything you can imagine when you think of visiting the mountains.
- Some of the best golf, with the best views in the State.
- Trails, trails, trails — all of the hiking you can imagine!
- Waterfalls and other beautiful scenery.
- Bikes and motorcycles paradise.
- Fabulous food! One of the best BBQ restaurants in the United States!
- So many cabins it would be impossible to list them all.
- Fishing, camping, and hunting.
- Super shopping – especially around the square in downtown Blairsville.
Oh yea – plenty of deer, fox, coyote, turkey, birds, and black bear! You might see any or all of these wandering the mountain roads of north Georgia. If you are planning a trip to the north Georgia mountains we would suggest you head straight to Blairsville and start your trip here! Happy travels!
As evidenced by the picture here…Blairsville and the surrounding area during the Fall is spectacular! Bring the camera anytime you visit our beautiful mountains.